Register | Login | Contact | Home

Need Jesus? >>> Are you a Christian?

Search for at
Access Christian Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
What is Asian Handicap? Quickly Disseminate Knowledge About You! macgaihari1 0 Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:44 am
macgaihari1 View latest post
Experiences in football betting from top experts About You! nhuy5656 0 Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:17 am
nhuy5656 View latest post
Ultimate Guide to Reward Games Through Banks on BK8 About You! qiqi77246 0 Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:43 am
qiqi77246 View latest post
What are the odds in Indonesia? Latest betting experience in About You! nhuy5656 0 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:42 am
nhuy5656 View latest post
Guide to play first-half over/under bet in football About You! macgaihari1 0 Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:55 am
macgaihari1 View latest post

Warning to parents!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Access Christian Forum Index -> Just for Parents
View previous topic :: View next topic  
All4Him

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:35 pm Post subject: Warning to parents! Reply with quote

There is a internet chat room for teens out there called MY space.com. I recomend that you obtain access to this if your kids want to be in it. There is apparently no kind of guardianship or chapparone or anything. I know 3 kids that were caught on there talking and doing some of the awfulest things. You can download your pics on it and there are several sexualy graphic pics and discussions containing extreme vulgarity and lude behaviors. You have to be invited on by someone who is already in it in order to scan the site. Or at least that is how it was a couple of months ago. I don't know who the founder was or anything like that but you can also give info about yourself to anyone and even arrange meetings. This is a disaster waiting to happen.

Please be cautious with this and all other computer access for your teens.

Awiaiting Jesus
Pastor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:00 am Post subject: myspace.com Reply with quote

I am not sure where these chats are taking place. Are they on myspace.com or are people meeting at myspace.com and going to yahoo or msn?

Pastor Ernest
All4Him

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:39 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

It is similar to this only not clean. You have a login ID and you have to be invited in by someone else. You chat right on MySpace. You don't go anywhere else. It is awful. I have seen it first hand and I was discusted.

It is : MySpace.com

Awiaiting Jesus
All4Him

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:57 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

I messed up the poll answers. I meant to put 18 on there as a choice as well but I forgot to click Add option. I really think 16 is still to young for unsupervised access. It is mostly the teen agers that get kidnapped when meeting an internet buddy. This is serious. Government has told us we cannot correct out kids anymore or we go to jail or lose our kids. It is amazing to me the amount of disrespect and abuse that goes on in the american household these days. I sure did not have that much leniancy. Kdis are now the boss of the parents. It is awful.

Awiaiting Jesus
frydaddy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:48 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

my child was on a site called zanga, and her and a friend were talking ludely and had pictures of themselves the only way we knew was our youth pastor had a zanga and he was keeping track of all the kids. Children think only there friends see these things but any predetor has access also. We took her off the computer completely.
All4Him

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:16 pm Post subject: @frydaddy Reply with quote

Good for you. There are a lot of parents out there that would have just gave them a slap on the hand and let them go right back to it. There are a lot of youth pastors that keep up with the goings on in MySpace but the problem is that they don't do much of anything about it when they see it. They will reprimand thier youth for participating but not discourage the use of the web site all together.
I don't think people understand that just cause maybe thier kids ain't participating in the ludness of it they can still be contacted by the ones who are. Temptation is difficult for everyone especially youth. They think it is a way to learn about life but it is the wrong way. I try to tell our youth group that that is a bad place to be at all. I am proud to say that i have a couple of kids in my group that are very quick about erasing contacts like that and writing to tell them to not contact them again. It was started as a christian web site for teens but has become a good way to pull the wool over thier parents eyes.
I commend you for taking action on this. Thank you for defending our teens!!!!

Awiaiting Jesus
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Access Christian Forum Index ->  Just for Parents Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: