Register | Login | Contact | Home

Need Jesus? >>> Are you a Christian?

Search for at
Access Christian Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
What is Asian Handicap? Quickly Disseminate Knowledge About You! macgaihari1 0 Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:44 am
macgaihari1 View latest post
Experiences in football betting from top experts About You! nhuy5656 0 Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:17 am
nhuy5656 View latest post
Ultimate Guide to Reward Games Through Banks on BK8 About You! qiqi77246 0 Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:43 am
qiqi77246 View latest post
What are the odds in Indonesia? Latest betting experience in About You! nhuy5656 0 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:42 am
nhuy5656 View latest post
Guide to play first-half over/under bet in football About You! macgaihari1 0 Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:55 am
macgaihari1 View latest post

The Trinity Understood and Believed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Access Christian Forum Index -> The Trinity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GLPMprayer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:14 am Post subject: Re: What scriptures? Reply with quote

Walkernyranger wrote:
What scriptures do you use to form this opinion?

I'm not too sure why it shows me online even when I'm not. I haven't been on the computer but I'm not too sure if you see me online or just when I load the page.

Anyway there are many verses, here are some. Even if I give them to you pray for the understanding. Distinctions and some tasks

Exodus 20:2 The Lord Jesus being God - remember Jesus was already
John 1:1 Jesus and God face to face - Jesus being the word (the bible)
John 20:28 The Lord is God, we see again.
Matthew 3:16, 17 - The Holy Spirit Descending on Jesus - seperate
Acts 5:3,4 - Lying to the Holy Spirit - It's a no no - he is seperate
The Father speaking of Jesus as His son.
Matthew 28:19 - Speaking of baptizing in the three different and distinct seperates.
Rom 8:9 - The Spirit in you.
1 Corinthians 12:3-6 and then some - Speaking of the Three but the same God.
2 Corinthians 13:14 - The end of Pauls epistle and the mention of the three different distinct allready existing God.
1 Peter 1:2 - The three mentioned with some different tasks. Verse 3
Jude 20, 21 - Again mentioning the three and there distinctions.
Ephesians 4:4-6 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; on Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."

Well there are some basic ones.

Thanks
Pastor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:04 am Post subject: Triune God Reply with quote

When we are speaking about the Godhead, we must make a few distictions. First, the Bible teaches that God is one.

"'Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!" - Deut. 6:4 (NASB)
"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:..." - Deut. 6:4 (KJV)

More Later...

Pastor Ernest
mykfr8s

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:46 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Pastor, forgive my late response to your topic, I am very new to the site. I completely believe in the Trinity, mentioned or not in scripture its existence is obvious. The area that I have a question about is about equalty within the Godhead. Common current theology says that the 3 branches of the Trinity are equal in all aspects, however, scripture suggests otherwise. I do not want to assume any inequality, but there is a suggested "rank"...Father, Son, Holy Spirit, with a host of passages to support it.

I am a firm believer that if it is not in scripture, then its only speculation and not doctrine. Do you know of any verses that expound on "who answers to who" or what are your thoughts on my question??
waffles

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:33 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Other words not present in the bible

Omniscience - all knowing
Omnipotence - all powerfull
Omnipresence - present everywhere

All unquestioned attributes of God, but never once are those words mentioned. How can we know that God has these qualities when the bible never mentions the words? Because everything about the bible points to God having these qualities. The idea of a Triune God follows the same concept. The idea is never mentioned word for word, but the evidence of it being true is overwhelming.

And a funny one to close with...The word BIBLE is never once mentioned in the BIBLE. Shocked
GLPMprayer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:17 am Post subject: Trinity Reply with quote

Trinity,

Yes waffles, and we use those words to explain Gods attributes. All knowing, all powerful, and present everywhere at the same time.
The word bible is not in there either. But we use it to title Gods word.

1 John 5:7 says "For there are three that bear witness in heaven; the Father, the Word ( Jesus John 1:1, 2 ), and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one."

I will post when and who came up with this word on my next post...

For now

Servant of the Lord Jesus Christ
Guiding Light Praying Ministry
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
mblock

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:26 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

that one (1john5.7) is excellent for displaying the trinity...there's another one that's not quite as complete, but still witnesses to the truth: "i am in the father and the father is in me. i and the father are one"

"who answers to who": they are all god. jesus is god just as much as the holy spirit is god just as much as the father is god (wow, chew on that for awhile). "these three are one." they are all the same person. do you "outrank" yourself in anything? no. it's just the nature of the "son" to obey the "father..." ...i'm still getting to know the holy spirit myself...

deut 6.4 actually says in hebrew: "yahwey, the elohim of us, is yahwey." yahwey is singular, elohim is PLURAL!! chew on THAT for awhile too!

so, all this is to say...the trinity...i think this is what's known as a mystery. virgins don't usually give birth, axe heads don't normally float on water, 3 doesn't normally equal one and neither does 2, but god's ways are higher than ours....and to my knowledge/understanding how one views/understands the trinity doesn't affect salvation. i don't know of any scriptures that say you have to figure out the trinity to be saved. what is important for salvation however, is that you believe that you have messed up at least once in your whole life (that is sin), that Jesus came to earth from heaven as God, being born of a virgin by the Holy Spirit, lived a sinless life, voluntarily gave himself over to brutal torture and death to pay the penalty for your sin, was buried and rose from the dead (on the third day after his death). if you believe this in your heart, admit it aloud, and the actions you make in your day to day life change because of your belief (ie you "bear fruit," including being baptised because of obedience, as long as you're not in a real hurry, ie dying), you will be saved. this is because this is what god says you must do to be saved, and maybe it doesn't even have to be that detailed if you're in a real hurry because Jesus told the thief dying on the cross next to him he'd go to heaven after the thief said "Lord..."
Audioman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:56 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

I'm concerned about the argumentative attitude couched in supposed intellectualism that I see from some on this subject. To set the record straight, in Genesis God says "let us create man in our image". Either there are other equal or similar beings, which is a contradiction, or God exists in a form beyond our comprehension. "Trinity" is a word coined by man to describe a concept clearly taught throughout scripture which is beyond our capacity to visualize. We are not asked to believe only those things which we understand, but to simply believe. I know that God exists, and His word is that there is none like Him. Through His word also I have experienced Him personally as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. How would you have me describe that relationship? Certainly "Trinity" comes closer to the mark than anything else I've heard anyone on this site propose. A Christian is saved and restored to God through the working of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in separate but unified capacities - this is experiential knowledge as well as by faith, and it is hard for me to conceive of a person truly saved who could question or deny this concept. Look to yourself why this concept is so hard for you to accept and sincerely take it to the Lord - I promise you He will give you an answer to go with your questions.

Just a note: (and also a suggestion) It is generally pointless and negative to question the beliefs of others without having a better answer,position or explanation to offer. The person I am referring to knows who they are: let me hear your belief, not your doubt. In God's Love,

Jeremy D. Price
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Access Christian Forum Index ->  The Trinity Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: